Sep 18, 2010

♥ Koshinaka

Ryeain:
Koshinaka's Madame Red is the first that attracts me to take a look deeper into her gallery.
The feel that she bring out is really looks in Madame Red in posses!
Anyway, after a look through her gallery. Her cosplay are quite amusing!
Then, I saw her Beast from Kuroshitsuji and Paine from Final Fantasy XII cosplay
.. OMG total look a like.. *speachless.
I'm really glad that I'm able to future and interview her!


(DEVIANTART:GALLERY)








✩ INTERVIEW SECTION ✩

Ryea: What is COSPLAY to you?
K : Cosplay is a very important hobby to me!
I cannot imagine how my life would be like if I never cosplayed! XD


Ryea : When do you first started to cosplay?
K : My first cosplay was at Fantasia 2003. It was the end of year event at Singapore Expo.


Ryea : How many characters have you cosplayed so far ?
K : Haha, oh gosh, I don't even know if I can remember but let's see.

Anime/Manga:
Angel Sanctuary, Barbelo
(Private Shoot)
Peacemaker Kurogane, Okita (Cosfest 2004)
Peacemaker Kurogane, Hijikata (Osaka 2009)
Bleach, Renji (Cosfest 2005)
Trinity Blood, Mary Spencer (EOY 2005)
Prince of Tennis, Niou Masaharu (Private Shoot)
Prince of Tennis, Fuji Syusuke (Private Shoot)
Rurouni Kenshin, Battousai/Kenshin (Private Shoot)
Soul Eater, Tsubaki (Private)
Soul Eater, Giriko (Private)
Slam Dunk, Rukawa Kaede (Comic Fiesta @ Malaysia 2008)
Kuroshitsuji, Madam Red (SOY 2009 & Private)
Kuroshitsuji, Beast (Private)
Kuroshitsuji, Sebastian (Private)
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, Makoto Konno (Private)
Ouran High School Host Club, Hikaru Hitachiin (Cosfest 2009)
Samurai Deeper Kyo, Shinrei (Cosfest 2009)
Gundam Wing, Trowa (Private)
Code Geass, Suzaku (AFA 2009)
Code Geass, Lelouch (Code Geass event, Tokyo)
Ookiku Furikabutte, Abe Takaya (Private)
Nodame Cantabile, Masumi (AFA 2008)

Game:

Final Fantasy X-2, Paine Warrior Ver. (Fantasia 2003)
Final Fantasy X-2, Paine Matsuri Ver. (Summer Tonacos Event 2010, Tokyo)
Final Fantasy X-2, Yuna (Private Shoot)
Final Fantasy 8, Seifer (Private Shoot)
Final Fantasy 12, Ashe (EOY 2004)
Final Fantasy 10, Lulu (Streetfest 2005)
Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, Sephiroth (Cosfest 2006)
Final Fantasy 7, Tifa Lockhart (AFA 2009)
Final Fantasy 13 Agito, Girl with the Scythe (Private Shoot)
Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus, Rosso (EOY 2006)
Final Fantasy 4, Rydia (EOY 2008)
Final Fantasy 2, Ingus default (Private)
Final Fantasy Dissidia, Tina Bradford
Hakuoki, Harada Sanosuke (Winter Tonacos Event 2009, Tokyo & Private)

Jrock/VK:

Dir En Grey, Toshiya Myaku Ver. (Streetfest 2004)
Gazette, Ruki (Private Shoot)
Alice Nine, Shou Akatsuki Ver. (Streetfest 2006)

yep, I THINK that is about it~


Ryea : Which is your favorite character that you've cosplayed?
K: Do I have to choose one or can I choose a few?
I really love most of my Final Fantasy cosplays especially Paine, Tina and Ingus!



Ryea : Which is your first character?
K: Paine's warrior image from Final Fantasy X-2


Ryea : Which characters is in your future cosplay list?
K: haha it's going to be never ending, but for now..
- Final Fantasy 13, Fang
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep, Terra
- Final Fantasy 8, Shiva
- Chaos Rings: Escher or Ayuta
- Final Fantasy 4, Edge
- Final Fantasy 6, Amano Tina


Ryea: Do you make your own costume & props ?

K: I make all my props but as for costumes, some are tailored.
There are too many to list so I'll list some of the memorable costumes and/or props that I've made (due to lots of time and effort spent):

- FFX-2, Paine warrior :
first time working with wood as well. (look at my dA description for costume/prop details)

- FF7DC, Rosso :
Imported fur from the states, had to remake weapon cos it was too heavy that it broke into 2.

- FF3, Ingus:
Another memorable one. Armour was a killer but it was worth it! <3

- FF Dissidia:
Made it in a night! Shoes, costume, weapon & wig! Received lots of help from Cvy & Kanasaiii.


Actually all of my Final Fantasy costumes and props are made with lots of love! ^0^

Yikes am I going out of topic?



Ryea: What is your favorite part when cosplay?

K: The sense of satisfaction from completing the cosplay outfit and definitely meeting fellow fans!!


Ryea: Any good/funny/memorable experience when you cosplay?
K: oh wow. Plenty!

I mean I've made so many friends from Cosplay, learnt how to sew, take pictures, pose and a lot more!

I remembered my first Cosplay event very well. It was much smaller as compared to the events nowadays. The community was very much warmer and welcoming as well.

I went dressed to Fantasia 2003 and was warmly welcomed by fellow fans shouting and fangirling over my character! I was really happy and at the same time relieved that my character was recognizable! It was an amazing virgin experience!

Private shoots are a whole lot of fun as well, especially when done with a bunch of good friends! My first overseas photo shoot was at Cameron Highlands with Cvy, elpheal and gk-reiko. We had A LOT of fun being in character and enjoying the scenery! We didn't have a photographer with us and had to rely on Cvy's tripod and remote!



I also experienced my very first night shoot when Shiroin from Taiwan came to Singapore! Night shoots are difficult because of the lack of light but we still managed to complete it!
What happened during the night shoot is explained under the description.



Finally, I think my most memorable shoot would be last year's Hakuouki shoot done at Edo Village, Nikko, Tokyo. It was winter, snowing and freezing as we did the shoot!




Ryeain: Do you salute/idolize any cosplayer?

K: Definitely!!

- Kanata
- Kanasaiii
I really admire and respect the time and effort she puts into her props and costume.
AND it always turns out perfect!

- Cvy
I don't think I need to say more, just look at her site!

- Drefano

- Amatasu
cos his sephiroth is brilliant!



Ryea: Any tips to share ?
K: Practice makes perfect. No one is perfect the first time round.
Be open to criticism because it helps one to improve.

But most important of all, enjoy what you do. Do not Cosplay for the sake of gaining recognition or to be popular. Cosplay because you love the character & the hobby!



and 3 super-random questions :

1) Do you have any obsession?
Haha YES! Λucifer(リュシフェル), especially the vocalist Makoto Koshinaka (thus my nick >_<). Everything about them! They were a band that was created for the anime Kaikan Phrase. They have disbanded but recently had their 10th Anniversary live tour (one time only T__T) last week at Akasaka Blitz in Tokyo! <3<3<3

2) Which is your favorite Anime?
K: Ok this is difficult. Can I list a few again? >_<
Slam Dunk, Rurouni Kenshin, The girl who leapt through time, Ghibli animes, Flame of Recca, K: Kimi ni Todoke & Angel Santuary

3) What language of songs do you listen most?
K: I listen to an equal number of English and Japanese songs.



Ryea: And lastly, what do you think about Let's Cosplay~?

K: I think it's awesome! Good to see the site back up again! It is a good way to introduce Cosplayers from all over the world! Keep up the great job!


Thanks to Koshinaka !!

No comments:

What do you think about this blog Let's Cosplay ?

Do you support this rebirth?